Sunday, May 4, 2008

Late Post for April

Hi guys! I know its May already, and I haven't put up a blog yet for what happened in April. So here goes, I went to Hong Kong with my friends April 3-7, I didnt really had the chance to
shoot artsy fartsy and way cool travel photographs there but, was able to squeeze in a few =) Hong Kong, according some photographers, is one of the cities thats full of lights at night (found about that when I was researching about the city before leaving Manila). It really didnt disappoint, although, I kind wish to go back there soon when its New Year, i just cant help imagine how its cool and flashy the lights there are going to be. =) I posted my Hong Kong tourist photos here, a few blog entries back or on the previous blog, couldnt really remember at this time.









Also, bought a 2nd hand n70 music edition phone, it is equipped with a 2 mp camera phone; here are some of the shots I took recently with it. The good thing with a camera phone is that you can probably take it anywhere without the hassle of a huge and heavy dslr on your shoulder. Took it out in some instances around the streets and took some photos with it. (Unedited of course)





It was a slow month for me after that, good thing I had some things to keep me busy though. Then there's the usual pondering and day dreaming that always starts my day. =) Oh, immediately, when I got back to Manila, I had a shoot for this Nike contest I got myself into. Not sure if I will win though, the wait is killing me and with that, I’m not really expecting shit from it now, but a part of me is keeping my fingers crossed. The agency says that it will take another 2 weeks for the winners to be announced. Basically, I had to shoot Jimmy Alapag, one of my PBA players I look up too, while doing his practice with his teammates. The shoot was this: no flash or strobes, using available lights only, plus I can’t make him pose and stuff. So its more like a documentary kind of stuff. It was hard because of the low lighting and fast action involved. Whew, I’m just glad its over.
Honestly, during the shoot, I was imagining I was Aaron Vicencio shooting a Ateneo UAAP game, dunno why, but AV has always been one of the photogs I look up to.







By Miles Montecillo of Ogilvy

Hehe If I win, I’m going to get 20k pesos worth of Nike GC’s plus bragging rights, so in one of my “alone in the mall” moments, I decided to photograph my “looking forward to buy shoes” if ever I win the contest, however, I’m really not expecting, so I’m posting it anyway just incase some good friend of mine decides to buy me these =).





Oh, I made this in the Nike ID  =) NICE

Also, there was this instance when I was able to get close to a really big harp during a shoot haha was quite amazed by it actually. =)





Stile De Vita, an up and coming lifestyle magazine in their test run, launched their magazine where I was part of the contributing photographers there, do check it out =) Don’t know where to find one though hehe Hmmm what else, uhhh… I think this was also the month where I did some work for PDI again, not much though but I’m really happy with the one whole page of exposure given to me on one assignment =)









And yes, I fucked up a shoot for a regular client. What an eye opener. Anyway, I’m posting it here still

No comments: