Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I won at the Nike-PDI Shoot Out Contest

I've been a Nike fan all my life.
I've idolized almost every Nike athlete there was.
I used to train for UAAP track and field and play basketball with Nike.
So when my friend ym messaged me about this contest, I know I do not want to let it pass me by.

Had one problem, the age limit was 16-23.
I'm 24.
But I figured, what the heck.
I emailed them that I was 24, and said, "Just Do It.

A week later, they emailed me, saying they will get in touch with me next week.
Had a problem, I was bound for Hong Kong that week.
Good thing the airplane left us.
Our flight was at 3pm.
Nike called at 4pm.

After Hong Kong, we had the shoot for Nike.
Rules were that:
We cant let the athlete pose for us.
We cant use flash.
We can't get inside the court.
It was hard because it was in a low lit gymnasium in Taguig.
It was hard because the gymnasium was owned by a rival company, thus it was hard to place shots.
It was hard because it was low light.
It was hard because there were more than 20 people practicing in the court.
Add the fact that i suck miserably at photoshop.

Anyhow, after a month of waiting for the results,
I won.








Just Do It.
Check out the PDI today, May 21 2008.

Thank you God, thank you Vea Alvaro, Arlo Vicencio, Miles Montecillo, Aaron Vicencio, Francis Cruz. Jimmy Alapag, Pearl Perlada and Josh Reyes!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

congrats,. nice pics by the way